Battle of the Bluegrass Bid Calling Rules
Best of luck!! Let the Bid Calling begin!!!!
August 19-20, 2022 Bluegrass Stockyards/Regional Marketplace 4561 Ironworks Pike Lexington, Kentucky 40511 Pay Out $10,000Rules: Print PDF or see below.
- OPEN TO ALL AUCTIONEERS OVER 18 who can legally serve as an auctioneer in their state of residence.
- Limited to 50 Contestants. No Interview.
- Entry Fee: $300 with Contestants providing three items to be sold in the Preliminary Round. The aggregate sales total for the three items should be a minimum of $300.00. Per Kentucky State Law your item cannot be Alcohol. Also this year we will be having a get together on Friday August 19 and would like all Contestants to attend and check in your items on Friday Night. This way we are not as rushed on Saturday Morning during Youth Open Contest.
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS Monday August 8, 2022. No entries will be accepted after this date. Entries can be sent without payment but will not be valid unless payment is received on or before Monday August 8, 2022. The contest is limited to the first 50 paid entries for the Bid Calling Contest. A description of items to be sold is also due at that time. This is to have item descriptions and photos for print/online contest catalog. As well as Online bidding platform, the bidding will be live on the internet during the contest.
- The Top 10 (Based on Preliminary Round point) will compete in a Finals Round. Finalist will sell two items, which will be provided by the Kentucky Auctioneers Association.
- All Contestants will compete together with no separate divisions. Contestants will be judged according to the Bluegrass Open Bid Calling Championship scorecard criteria. The decision of the judges is final. There will be 5 Championship/Industry-Leading Judges for the Bid Calling contest.
- The competition order for the preliminary rounds will be randomly generated by electronic means. The competition orderfor the Finals will be by draw conducted by the Battle of the Bluegrass Committee.
- A mandatory meeting of all contestants will be at 11:00 AM Saturday prior to the contest. This time could vary depending how large our Youth Open Bid Calling Contest is.
- The scores will start new in the Finals Round. Preliminary Round scores will be used only to determine the top 10 contestants who go to the Final’s Round. Preliminary Tie Breaker (1st) Best Score in Bid Calling Category, (2nd) Best Score Overall Impression Category. FINALS Tie Breaker (1st) Highest Total Preliminary Score, (2nd) Highest Score in Bid Calling Category.
- Contestants will be videoed and live streamed. Contestants authorize without compensation, use of any and all Video, Internet, Audio, Photos, etc. as footage for promotional use by the Kentucky Auctioneers Association at this and any future events. Any revisions or changes announced on the day of the contest will take precedence over any printed material.
- The Kentucky Auctioneers Association Bluegrass Bid Calling/Ringman Championships Committee or Authorized Designee will set the sound system and may adjust to benefit the contest.
- ATTIRE: Professional/Professional Western
- The Kentucky Auctioneers Association Bluegrass Bid Calling/Ringman Championship Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any Contestants entry into the contest.
Battle of the Bluegrass Ringman Championship Rules
Best of luck!! Let the Ringing begin!!!!
August 20, 2022 Bluegrass Stockyards/Regional Marketplace 4561 Ironworks Pike Lexington, Kentucky 40511 Jackpot FormatRules: Print PDF or see below.
- OPEN TO ALL RING PERSONS 18 AND OVER. Limited to 50 Contestants
- Entry Fee: $150 with Contestants providing 3 Items to sell at auction in the preliminary round. The aggregate item value and consequent combined sales total should be a minimum of $200.00. Per KY State Law No Item can be Alcohol.
- DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS August 20, 2022 by 10:30am. This is a Jackpot type contest. The payout will depend on the number of entries in the contest. All the entry money for this contest will be paid back out as follows. 10 entries or less Winner takes all. 10-20 Contestants Winner gets 90%, Reserve gets 10%. 20-30 Contestants Winner gets 80%, Reserve gets 20%. 30-40 Contestants winner gets 70%, Reserve gets 30%. 40-50 Contestants Winner gets 60% Reserve gets 40%. Champion and Reserve will receive a Buckle.
- Ringman Contestants can choose the Auctioneer they want to sell for them as they compete.
- Top 10 (Based on Preliminary Round points) Will compete in the Finals Round. Finalists will sell two items which will be provided by the Kentucky Auctioneers Association. Order for the Finals will be made by draw conducted by the Battle of the Bluegrass Committee. For 5 or less entries no finals, for 10 or less entries 3 finalist, 15 or less entries 5 finalist, 20 entries and above we will bring back the top 10.
- All Contestants will compete in the open contest with no separate divisions. Contestants will be judged according to the Bluegrass Open Ringman Championship scorecard criteria. The decision of the judges is final. There will be 5 qualified Championship Judges for the Ringman Contest.
- A mandatory meeting of all contestants will be held at 11:00 AM the day of contest.
- All auction Items must be checked in by 10:30 AM contest day.
- The scores will start new in the finals round. Preliminary round scores will be used only to determine the top 10 contestants who qualify for the final round (10 Finalist based on number of total entries into Ringman Contest) Preliminary Tie Breaker (1st) Best Score in the Ringman Category, (2nd) Best Score in the Overall Impression Category. FINALS Tie Breaker (1st) Highest Total preliminary round score, (2nd) 2nd Highest Score in the Preliminary round.
- Contestant’s performances will be videoed and live streamed. Contestants authorize, without compensation, use of any and all video, Internet, audio, photos, etc. as marketing material for promotional use by the Kentucky Auctioneers Association, Inc at this and any future event. Any revisions or changes announced on the day of the contest will take precedence over any printed material.
- ATTIRE: Professional/Professional Western
- The Kentucky Auctioneers Association Bluegrass Bid Calling/Ringman Championship Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any Contestant’s entry into the contest.
Battle of the Bluegrass Youth Bid Calling Rules
Best of luck!! Let the Bid Calling begin!!!!
August 20, 2022 Bluegrass Stockyards/Regional Marketplace 4561 Ironworks Pike Lexington, Kentucky 40511Rules: Print PDF or see below.
State Surplus Auctions
2018 State Auctioneering Contest
- The Kentucky Auctioneers Association State Auctioneering Championship shall be open to any Auctioneer holding a valid Kentucky Auctioneers License and a resident of the State of Kentucky.
- The contest shall consist of Three (3) divisions:
- Division 1 — Professional Division – The Professional Division shall be for any licensed Kentucky Auctioneer meeting the requirements as listed in these contest rules. This is designed for Auctioneers that have been licensed for more than 3 years and a resident of the state of Kentucky. However, if you have been licensed (Principal Auctioneer License) for less than 3 years you can still choose to compete in this division as you are not eligible to compete in the Apprentice Division.
- Division 2 — Apprentice Division – Licensed for three (5) years or less to compete in the Apprentice Contest and does not hold a Principal Auctioneers License
- Division 3 — Senior Division – If you are 65 years old or older, you now have the opportunity to compete in this division.
- Each contestant in the ALL Divisions must be a member in good standing of the Kentucky Auctioneers Association during the year in which the contest is held.
- Each contestant in ALL the Divisions must be registered for the convention at which the contest is held.
- The Professional Division contest shall consist of 2 rounds, a preliminary round and a Final Round to be held on consecutive days. All contestants in the preliminary Professional Division round shall (a.) pay a $50 entry fee and (b.) provide 3 items with a value of $25 or more to be auctioned. Contestants will be selling the items they provide. Entries and auction items must be received 3 hours prior to the preliminary round on Saturday during convention.
- If there are 14 or fewer contestants, the judges shall select 5 contestants to participate in the Final Round. If there are more than 14 contestants the judges will use their discretion regarding bringing back more than 5 finalists. IAC guidelines may be applied to make this determination. The finalists will be announced prior to the Final Round on Sunday Evening of convention.
- Items to be sold in the Final Round will be provided by the KAA. Each finalist will sell 2 items and answer one question. Each finalist will be asked the same question. Therefore, the finalists shall be sequestered away from the contest, out of earshot, until time to participate. Each contestant will have one minute to answer the question.
- The winner of the Kentucky Auctioneers Association State Auctioneering Championship shall receive
- $500 cash
- a suitable trophy or plaque
- payment of the entry fee to the next International Auctioneering Championship (IAC) at the National Auctioneers Association Conference and Show
- Dues paid for the following year to the Kentucky Auctioneers Association, and (e.) the privilege of including “Kentucky State Champion Auctioneer” in their advertising and promotional materials.
- The First Runner-up shall receive
- $250 Cash
- a suitable trophy or plaque
- The Second Runner-up shall receive
- $100 Cash
- a suitable trophy or plaque.
- The Apprentice & Senior Division Contest will consist of only one round with the winner, first runner-up and second runner-up being named immediately following the contest.
- Apprentice & Senior Division contestants shall bring 2 items with a value of $15 or more to be auctioned. Contestants will sell the items they bring.
- Suitable trophies or plaques will be awarded to
- First Runner-up
- Second Runner-up.
- Decisions of the judges are final and cannot be appealed.
To download the form for the Advertising Contest Click here
Kentucky State Auctioneer Association Scholarship
Scholarship amounts and number of scholarships will be determined each year by the KAA Board of Directors by November 30 of each year. The amount of scholarships are based on the amount of revenue brought in by the KY Surplus Auctions. ALL Scholarships will be awarded for Auction Related purposes only. (Auction School, NAA Education/Designation or intends on working in the Auction Industry)
Who can apply?
- Beginning Auctioneers
- Apprentice and Licensed Auctioneers
- Relatives of an active KAA member in good standing that has or will be graduating from an accredited high school or have completed the past year at an accredited college, university, or institution of higher education that intends on attending an Auction School or intends on working in the Auction Industry.
Richie McGinnis 219 South Main St. Harrodsburg, KY 40330 e-mail to: rmmcginnis@hotmailApplications can be sent at anytime but must be received by January 15th each year to be considered. KAA Scholarship
Join a KAA Committee
The Kentucky State Auctioneers Association stands strong because of the hard work and dedication of our committee members. If you are interested in serving on a committee or would like more information on the responsibilities of being a committee member please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hall of Fame
To nominate someone for the Hall of Fame, please come back to download an updated 2018 form to mail soon.
Kentucky Auctioneers Association Hall Of Fame
1306 Euclid Ave
Bowling Green, KY 42103