2018 STATE AUCTIONEERING CONTEST
- The Kentucky Auctioneers Association State Auctioneering Championship shall be open to any Auctioneer holding a valid Kentucky Auctioneers License and a resident of the State of Kentucky.
- The contest shall consist of Three (3) divisions:
Division 1– Professional Division: The Professional Division shall be for any licensed Kentucky Auctioneer meeting the requirements as listed in these contest rules. This is designed for Auctioneers that have been licensed for more than 3 years and a resident of the state of Kentucky. However, if you have been licensed (Principal Auctioneer License) for less than 3 years you can still choose to compete in this division as you are not eligible to compete in the Apprentice Division.
Division 2– Apprentice Division: Licensed for three (5) years or less to compete in the Apprentice Contest and does not hold a Principal Auctioneers License
Division 3 – Senior Division: If you are 65 years old or older, you now have the opportunity to compete in this division.
CONDITIONAL CONTEST “CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS” competes once every 5 years-Must be a licensed Principal Auctioneer in good standing with current membership to the Kentucky Auctioneers Association and a past Kentucky Auctioneers Association State Bid Calling Champion. (Separate Registration required)
- Each contestant in the ALL Divisions must be a member in good standing of the Kentucky Auctioneers Association during the year in which the contest is held.
- Each contestant in ALL the Divisions must be registered for the convention at which the contest is held.
- The Professional Division contest shall consist of 2 rounds, a preliminary round and a Final Round to be held on consecutive days. All contestants in the preliminary Professional Division round shall (a.) pay a $50 entry fee and (b.) provide 3 items with a value of $25 or more to be auctioned. Contestants will be selling the items they provide. Entries and auction items must be received 3 hours prior to the preliminary round on Saturday during convention.
- If there are 14 or fewer contestants, the judges shall select 5 contestants to participate in the Final Round. If there are more than 14 contestants the judges will use their discretion regarding bringing back more than 5 finalists. IAC guidelines may be applied to make this determination. The finalists will be announced prior to the Final Round on Sunday Evening of convention.
- Items to be sold in the Final Round will be provided by the KAA. Each finalist will sell 2 items and answer one question. Each finalist will be asked the same question. Therefore, the finalists shall be sequestered away from the contest, out of earshot, until time to participate. Each contestant will have one minute to answer the question.
- The winner of the Kentucky Auctioneers Association State Auctioneering Championship shall receive (a.) $500 cash, (b.) a suitable trophy or plaque, (c.) payment of the entry fee to the next International Auctioneering Championship (IAC) at the National Auctioneers Association Conference and Show, (d.) Dues paid for the following year to the Kentucky Auctioneers Association, and (e.) the privilege of including “Kentucky State Champion Auctioneer” in their advertising and promotional materials. The winner will be expected to represent the KAA at the IAC and at charity auctions and special events as needed. The First Runner-up shall receive (a.) $250 Cash and (b.) a suitable trophy or plaque. In the event that the winner is unable or unwilling to attend the IAC, the First Runner-up will be given the opportunity to represent the KAA and have the IAC entry fee paid. The Second Runner-up shall receive (a.) $100 Cash and (b.) a suitable trophy or plaque.
- The Apprentice & Senior Division Contest will consist of only one round with the winner, first runner-up and second runner-up being named immediately following the contest. Apprentice & Senior Division contestants shall bring 2 items with a value of $15 or more to be auctioned. Contestants will sell the items they bring. Suitable trophies or plaques will be awarded to (a.) Winner, (b.) First Runner-up (c.) Second Runner-up.
- Decisions of the judges are final and cannot be appealed.
More information coming soon!